Dear valued OPA! customers,
As we watch the COVID-19 situation continue to evolve, we want to assure you that OPA! will continue to implement all recommendations from our health authorities, including the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), which maintains a low public health risk advisory for Canada at this time, as well as the provincial and state health authorities in each province and state our over 100 OPA! locations operate.
Our priority is always the health and safety of our customers, franchisees, and employees.
Sanitation and cleanliness are pillars of our store policies and we have always maintained thorough procedures. We will continue reinforcing our high standards for food safety and personal hygiene and continual, frequent sanitation of all high traffic areas, including cash registers, counters, sneeze guards, tabletops, chairs and washrooms. Our frequent hand washing and glove changing practices remain stringent.
Some further measures we are introducing immediately include:
- Moving all cutlery and straws behind the counter
- Eliminating hand to hand contact between employees and customers
- Adjusted hours of operation or even temporary closures in some locations as needed to accommodate business flow and health advisories
- Employees who demonstrate any sign of illness are asked to stay home
- Continuing to monitor public health advisories and adjusting policies and practices in real-time
- For our Skip the Dishes customers, we are working with Skip to ensure foods are bagged tightly and delivered to customers with minimal contact along the way
Thank you to our customers who have placed their trust in us for over 20 years. We will continue to earn that trust every day. The Power of Good Food will continue to bring us together in these uncertain times.