“OPA & Calgary Flames Combo and Win” Contest
1. Eligibility: The “OPA & Calgary Flames Combo and Win” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to residents of Calgary and the surrounding area (limited to Rocky View County, Foothills County and Strathmore) who are over the age of majority in the province in which they reside at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of Coca-Cola Ltd. (“Coca-Cola” or “Sponsor”), The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited, OPA! Souvlaki Franchise Group Inc. (“OPA” also a “Sponsor”), the contest administrator: LPi Group Inc. (“LPi”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsors: Coca-Cola Ltd., 335 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M5A 1L1, and OPA! Souvlaki Franchise Group Inc. 7235 Flint Road SE, Calgary, AB.
Administrator: LPi Group, Suite 305, 245 Yorkland Blvd, ON M2J 4W9
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 1, 2023 at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 15, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ‘ET’ (the “Contest Period”). Entries received after the Contest Closing time will not be accepted.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, an eligible entrant must download the OPA! app and sign up to become an OPA! Rewards Member. When an OPA! Rewards Member uses the app to purchase a combo meal with a beverage, they will earn an automatic entry to the Contest. Receive one (1) entry for every combo meal with a beverage purchased through the app. Cancelled orders will not be granted an entry.
No Purchase Entry: To receive one (1) entry without a purchase, during the Contest Period, submit an original hand-written essay by sending an email with a scan or legible photo of the essay to email@example.com that includes: (a) the email subject line: “OPA & Calgary Flames Combo and Win”; (b) a two hundred (200) word or more, unique and original hand-written essay on “Why I want to win the contest” (an “Essay”); and (c) your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address, and age. Limit one (1) non purchase entry per day.
Entry Limit. Every combo purchase made through the app will earn an entry, including returning OPA! Rewards members. Limit of one (1) entry per submitted essay, per day regardless of the email address, telephone number, mailing address or other information provided. Any additional entries submitted by an entrant in excess of this limit will be disqualified and will not constitute eligible entries in the Contest.
All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility from any entrant, which proof shall be in the form required by the Sponsor. Failure to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
6. Winner Determination:. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than six (6) Prize winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
7. Winner Requirements: Each potential Prize Winner will be notified via email on or around March 20, 2023. He or she will have 48 hours to respond, as directed, and to provide the contact information required by Sponsor or forfeit the prize. In order to claim the prize each potential winner must agree to a Declaration and Release form and Waiver of claims (“Waiver”), by responding within five (5) days of the request date. If any potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide the required information or fails to agree to the Waiver within the mandated time frame, or if they are disqualified for any reason, they forfeit the prize. If a winner cannot be confirmed or is disqualified, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the criteria above. Only two (2) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, province, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, as well as waiving all moral rights in the Submission. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: At the onset of the contest there are six (6) Prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of two (2) tickets in the Scotiabank Saddledome Coca-Cola® suite for the Calgary Flames vs Chicago Blackhawks game taking place April 4th, 2023 at 7:00PM MT. All prizes include food and non-alcholic beverages within the Coca-Cola® suite.
All prize details will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and terms and conditions of prizes will apply. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,000
Transportation to and from the event as well as parking are not included and is the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Winner and guest must abide by all venue policies. A Coca-Cola® and OPA! representative will be at the event to host the guests.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non refundable. Winner may not substitute, exchange, transfer or apply the Prize’s value towards cash or a higher cost alternative prize. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to make substitutions of equivalent or greater kind or value in the event of the unavailability of all or part of a Prize or for any other reason whatsoever.
Prizing Limit: One (1) prize per person or household.
9. Prize Draws: On or about March 20, 2023 the independent contest administrator will randomly choose six (6) potential winners from all qualified submissions received in the Contest Period (15 days total).
10. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize in this Contest is dependent on the total number of valid, eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
11. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Sponsor for the purposes of the contest to complete their entry. Each potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive their prize. In addition, each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 72 hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (“Declaration”) in order to claim their prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If a potential winner fails to do so, they may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event the potential winner is a minor, the prize will be deemed forfeited. In the event that any potential winner forfeits the Prize, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly, or is disqualified for any reason, another Entrant will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received. Any unclaimed prizes at the end of the contest period will remain the property of the contest sponsor.
12. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, prize information, Submission, city and province of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
13. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winners, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Coca-Cola Ltd., The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited, OPA! Souvlaki Franchise Group Inc. (“OPA also a “Sponsor”), the contest administrator: LPi Group Inc. (“LPi”), and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Dispute Resolution: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts of Alberta, Canada; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event legal fees or disbursements; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Province of Alberta, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Alberta or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Alberta.
16. Privacy: Entrant’s personal information collected is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies: https://www.coca-cola.ca/policies/privacy-policy