OPA! of Greece Holiday Giveaway Official Contest Rules (the “Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD
The OPA! of Greece Holiday Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by OPA! Souvlaki Franchise Group Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Contest starts on December 20, 2021 at 4:00 PM MT and ends on January 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM MT(the “Contest Period”). All times in the Official Rules reflect Mountain Time (“MT”).
This contest is only open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut), who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction at the beginning of the Contest Period (each eligible person, an “Entrant”) except for: (a) persons who, at the beginning of the Contest Period, are or become franchisees, directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents of Sponsor or the Contest Administrator (as defined below), or of any of Sponsor’s or the Contest Administrator’s respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, franchisees, local corporate or non-corporate advertising cooperatives, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, service agencies or independent contractors; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, distribution or supply of materials or prizes for the Contest; and (c) persons who are or purport to be an immediate family member (defined as spouse, dependent for federal income tax purposes, or step-, adoptive, foster, custodial or natural mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and any persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (fully and unconditionally agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Zero Gravity Marketing Inc. (the “Designated Representative”), (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Instagram’s servers shall serve as the official clock for the purposes of determining the time at which an Entry (as defined below) was received.
- HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, an Entrant must (i) ensure their Instagram account is publicly visible until January 20, 2022 (i.e., is not set to a “Private Account” in
Instagram’s settings) and is able to receive private messages; (ii) follow the Sponsor’s
Canadian Instagram account (@opaofgreece), (iii) like the Sponsor’s Contest-related Instagram post during the Contest Period and (iv) respond in the comment section to the Sponsor’s Contest-related Instagram post during the Contest Period on the Sponsor’s Canadian Instagram account (@opaofgreece), tagging another Instagram user and commenting what their OPA! menu item is (each, an “Entry”).
Unlimited Entries are permitted per Entrant in the Contest. Your Entry must meet the Content Restrictions set out below to be eligible.
- ENTRY CONTENT RESTRICTIONS
Each Entry must comply with the following Content Restrictions:
- An Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity.
- An Entry cannot be derogatory or promote bigotry, racism, violence, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promote any form of discrimination whatsoever (including, but not limited to, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age).
- An Entry cannot promote alcohol, drugs (illegal or otherwise), tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message.
- An Entry cannot be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, endorse any form of hate or hate group, or depict cruelty to persons or animals, or content which might be reasonably expected to shock, insult or offend the community, breach community standards of decency.
- An Entry cannot defame, misrepresent, reflect unfavourably upon the name or reputation of Sponsor, its products, brands, services, employees, crew or customers, or other people (living or deceased), products or companies, or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, brands, services, employees, crew or customers, or other people (living or deceased), products or companies.
- An Entry cannot feature or otherwise mention competitors of Sponsor.
- An Entry cannot use trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (other than Sponsor) or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s). To the extent that the content includes or incorporates any trademarks, copyrights, likenesses, references, materials or other intellectual property belonging to third parties (collectively, “Third Party Materials”), Entrant shall be solely responsible and liable for his/her use of the Third Party Materials and Sponsor makes no representations or warranties regarding, and shall have no obligations relating to, the Third Party Materials.
- An Entry cannot contain any personal information, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses.
- An Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- An Entry cannot contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- An Entry cannot contain any reference to, or likeness of, any identifiable individuals, including a celebrity, athlete, politician or other well-known individual, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their province/territory of residence.
ENTRIES AND CONTENT ON AN ENTRANT’S INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT REPRESENT THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants.
- License, Waiver and Release
By entering the Contest, and submitting an Entry, you agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”)from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses relating in any way to publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
- Winner Selection
- Winner Selection: Five (5) potential winners will be selected in a random draw from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period outlined in Section 1. The random draws will take place on or about January 4, 2021 (“Draw Date”) at approximately 1:00 p.m. at the office of the Designated Representative located at 8155 105 Street, Suite 290, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire Contest Period (i.e., an eligible Entrant who has won a prize in the Contest will not be eligible to win another prize in this Contest). Winner selection will be run by the Designated Representative on behalf of the Sponsor.
- Confirmation of Winners: Before being declared a confirmed winner (a “Winner”), the eligible Winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a skill-testing question without electronic, mechanical or other aids of any kind, to be administered by the Designated Representative; and (b) sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Designated Representative’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with the Rules; (ii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and their participation therein and; (iii) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, Instagram handle, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative in any manner whatsoever, including social media, print, broadcast, email or online. If an eligible Winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot be (or is unwilling to be) a Winner for any reason whatsoever; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of the Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor or the Designated Representative’s sole and absolute discretion); then they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to be a Winner) and the Sponsor or the Designated Representative reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries to become an eligible Winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible Winner). All information provided by the Winner will be held by the Designated Representative in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Other Information/Conditions: The Designated Representative will make a minimum of one (1) attempt to contact the eligible Winner by private message through Instagram within one (1) business day following the Draw Date that they were selected as eligible to win a prize. The private message will contain a skill-testing question that the selected Entrant must correctly answer without any electronic, mechanical or other assistance. Each selected Entrant will be asked to respond to the private message and provide their first and last name, address including city, province and postal code (no PO Boxes), Apt or Suite # (if applicable), email address, phone number as well as an answer to the skill-testing question within two (2) days of delivery. Selected Entrants will also be required as a condition of winning a prize to complete and accept the terms of a declaration and release (the “Declaration and Release”), which will be sent to a selected Entrant by email. The selected Entrant must return a completed and signed Declaration and Release to the Designated Representative in the manner and for receipt by the Designated Representative within the time specified in the email. The Designated Representative will verify that the selected Entrant has correctly answered the skill-testing question, and that the Declaration and Release has been completed satisfactorily.
If the potential prize winner cannot be contacted within one (1) business day of the draw date/time, if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, does not respond to the private message, provide the required information by the required time, is unable to receive private messages, has not correctly answered the skill-testing question within the deadline, does not return the signed Declaration and Release to the Designated Representative, or fails to do so for receipt by the Designated Representative by the required time, or in any other manner has not complied with these Official Rules, the Designated Representative will declare the selected Entrant to be disqualified and they will be ineligible to receive the prize for which they were selected. If the prize cannot be awarded, the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. If, for any reason, an Entrant whose Entry is drawn is not declared the winner of the prize, then that potential prize winner will not have any claim against the Sponsor, Designated Representative or against any other person, firm or corporation in respect of the Contest or the prize.
- Prize Information, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) and Odds of Winning
Five (5) prizes are available to be won in the contest, each consisting of a twenty-five dollar ($25) OPA! of Greece gift card to be awarded as outlined below and redeemable at participating OPA! restaurants and/or franchises in Canada (the “Prize”). ARV: $25.00 CAD (twenty-five Canadian dollars) each.
The Prize will be mailed to each Winner based on the address provided. The Designated Representative reserves the right to modify each Prize in its sole discretion, based upon, the circumstances of the contest, or other factors which may not be in the Designated Representative’s control. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to each Prize: (a) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or convertible to cash; and (b) no substitutions are allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole option.
The odds of being selected as an eligible Winner depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period in accordance with the Rules.
Your personal information is collected and managed in accordance with all applicable laws. Any personal information obtained in the course of running the Contest will be used for administration and for marketing purposes for the Contest. Personal information will not be sold or distributed to any unrelated third party.
- Right to Verify
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor or the Designated Representative reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor or the Designated Representative – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of the Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor or the Designated Representative deems necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative.
- General Conditions
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor or the Designated Representative with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries. By participating in the Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of the Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure or malfunction of Instagram during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other material to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.