- PROMOTION PERIOD: OPA! Eat and Win Contest (the “Promotion”) starts at 12:00: 01 a.m. Eastern Time on September 14th, 2023 and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 15th, 2023 or whenever official game cards are exhausted, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, except employees (including employees of franchisees of OPA! Restaurants), representatives and agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of OPA! (the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and related companies, as well as Home Office Associates of Sponsor’s restaurant brands, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, eligible entrants must become OPA! Rewards Members. Every time an OPA! Rewards Member places an order with a minimum total value of $5 (excluding taxes and fees) through the OPA! app, online ordering, or in-store scan purchase, they will automatically receive one entry into the Contest per day. Cancelled orders and orders made using rewards offers or points redemption will not qualify for contest entries.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENTRY: To receive one (1) entry without a purchase, during the Contest Period, submit an original hand-written essay by mailing the essay to OPA! of Greece Home Office, 7235 Flint Road SE Calgary, Alberta T2H 1G2. Attention: OPA! Marketing Department that includes: (a) a two hundred (200) word or more, unique and original hand-written essay on “Why you love OPA!” (an “Essay”); and (b) your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address, and age. Limit one (1) non purchase entry per day.
ENTRY LIMIT: Minimum total value of $5 (excluding taxes and fees) through the OPA! app, online ordering, or in-store scan purchase, including returning OPA! Rewards members. Limit of one per day (1) entry per submitted essay, per day regardless of the email address, telephone number, mailing address or other information provided. Any additional entries submitted by an entrant in excess of this limit will be disqualified and will not constitute eligible entries in the Contest. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility from any entrant, which proof shall be in the form required by the Sponsor. Failure to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
5. PRIZES AVAILABLE TO BE WON:
GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize is one (1) cash prize of 10 Day All Expenses Paid Trip for 2 to Greece provided by the Sponsor to a declared winner (or, his/her parent or legal guardian in the instance where the eligible winner is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence).
FOOD PRIZES: The following food prizes cannot be combined with any other offer.
Food Prizes to be won:
- 200 points – 35% chance of winning
- Free Side – 20% chance of winning
- Free Snack – 10% chance of winning
- Free Meal – 5% chance of winning
The odds of winning grand prize will depend on the number of valid entries received during the contest period.
6. FOR ALL PRIZES: Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or a component thereof with one of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award. There is no limit to the number of prizes eligible to be won per household/person.
7.PRIZE DISTRIBUTION: There will be no regional distribution of prizes in this Promotion.
8. HOW TO CLAIM A FOOD PRIZE: A winning food prize may be redeemed on any subsequent visit to any OPA! locations that are integrated into the app and online ordering program. No cash alternative will be made available. A food prize claim may not be used in conjunction with any other deal, combo or offer. All prize claims must be received by the end of the business day on or before JANUARY 1, 2024. Claims received after that date are null and void and ineligible for prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one prize claim per person per visit.
- HOW TO CLAIM GRAND PRIZE: In order to claim the Grand Prize you will be contacted by a representative from the OPA! of Greece Corporate Office and must: (i) correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise; and (ii) sign a Declaration and Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded; and (b) releases the Promotion Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives , successors and assigns (collectively, the Releasees) from any liability in connection with this Promotion, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof. Mail your completed Declaration and Release Form to: “OPA!’s Eat and Win Contest”, OPA! of Greece Home Office, 7235 Flint Road SE Calgary, Alberta T2H 1G2. Attention: OPA! Marketing Department by REGISTERED MAIL, return receipt requested, and keep a copy of the Declaration and Release Form for your records. THE GRAND PRIZE CLAIM MUST BE RECEIVED BY NO LATER THAN JANUARY 1,2024 TO BE ELIGIBLE. Once your completed Declaration and Release Form have been received in accordance with these Rules, the Sponsor or its designated representative will contact you to confirm details for booking the trip to Greece. If the eligible winning entrant: (i) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (ii) fails to return the properly executed promotion documents within the specified time; and/or (iii) cannot accept the Grand Prize for any reason; then he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
The Grand Prize claim is subject to verification by the Sponsor and will be declared invalid if it is illegible, forged, falsified, damaged, incomplete, altered or tampered with in any way or does not otherwise conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rules. Blackout Dates Apply.
- RELEASES, ETC: By entering this Promotion, each entrant (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession , use and/or misuse of any prize (or a portion thereof) awarded herein; or 2) participation in this Promotion.
Each winner (and his/ her parent/legal guardian if he/she is a under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print , broadcast or the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of prize claims; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, prize claims; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions or, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment , software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email or other information to be received, captured or recorded by or from the independent promotion judging organization or any other person or entity for any reason including, but not limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof , interrupted or unavailable networks; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system or device occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Promotion; or f) late, delayed, damaged, misdirected , destroyed, lost , illegible, incomplete, incorrect, fraudulent, stolen, postage-due or wrongly addressed prize claims, all of which will be deemed void .
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts of Alberta, Canada; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event legal fees or disbursements; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Province of Alberta, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Alberta or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Alberta.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Promotion (or, amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Promotion as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem , computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or failure. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Promotion and any future contest, sweepstakes or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be tampering with the prize claim process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this Promotion, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Promotion. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipals laws.
All approximate prize value amounts are shown in Canadian dollars.
If due to printing, on-line, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules , or in the event that due to such error, a valid prize claim is revealed , making the number of valid prize claims greater than the number of prizes available under these Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Promotion immediately , the Sponsor reserves the right , in its sole and absolute discretion , to rescind invalid prize claims and/or conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes. In no event will the Sponsor or Releasees be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules.
The Sponsor reserves the right , in its sole and absolute discretion , and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant with these Rules, or as a result of problems, or in light of any other circumstances which , in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason .
ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF
THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to
require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Promotion; and/or (ii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for this Promotion will be the Sponsor’s Official Clock(s).
15. MINORS: If any individual under the legal age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence is eligible to win, then the prize will be awarded to that individual’s parent, legal guardian or other legal authorized representative of such person (subject to compliance with these Rules). Further, the eligible minor’s parent, legal guardian or other legal authorized representative must sign any and all required documents on behalf of the minor.
16. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including, without limitation, all trade marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
17. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, including, but not limited to, the OPA! App, point of sale, television, radio, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
18. PRIVACY: Entrant’s personal information collected is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies: